Thursday, November 28, 2013

What are you thankful for?

This past year has been a bit of a roller coaster and it really made me realize all the things that I need to appreciate and be thankful for;

For example going to college I have felt so extremely overwhelmed  with everything going on. With being a student, maintaining a job, as well as keeping up a social life and budgeting my finances well;
            When I should remember that at least I have the opportunity to go to an amazing college and can afford it, And that I am able to learn and excel everyday. As well as the fact at least I have a job that teaches me so many skills as well as the fact that I’m earning money to support myself.

I got more than a few tickets and got my license suspended…almost twice ha;
            This situation made me grateful for the fact that I even have a car, and have had my own car since I was 16 and that I abused my privileges of a driver. It has showed me that I need to be a better driver for everyone and to take it more seriously and to realize how lucky I am to even have a license at all.

Falling in love, and getting my heart broken.
            This has showed me who is really there for me when I am at my lowest and what a true friend is. It has also showed me that we can’t let others bring us down or affect us and that we should surround ourselves with people who make us better and love us.

Moving out and graduating;
Has made me realize how blessed I am to live in America where I have so many opportunities to excel. Graduating has seeded out all of my caddy friends and showed me who my real friends are and which relationships are worth maintaining.
It showed me how much we take for granted while living at home; for one all the food, less responsibilities, privacy and amazing beds. And most of all the importance of maintaining a good relationship with the people who love us the most, our families.

Being surrounded my so much death;
This has made me realize that we are not all invincible and we need to make every moment that we are here count. Be your best, do your best, and surround yourself with people who make you better. Do all the things that scare you and don’t regret anything. Cherish all of your loved ones everyday and let them know how much you care everyday, we never know which moment could be our last.

My parents divorcing and finding other people;
            This has showed me that there is more than one person meant for us in this world and sometimes it takes a second go around to find the right one. It’s also showed me the importance of love in all aspects of our life and how it effects all of the people around us. It has also helped me to come to terms with the fact that they are much happier now but made me excited about the fact that I get two families  now that both make me very happy and love me, how lucky am I?

So many of my friends leaving on missions;
            This has showed me that you have to support your friends in whatever brings them the most happiness even if  it conflicts with yours. And that we are going to say a lot of goodbyes in our life but it really shows you which ones are going to be worth saying hello to again. It has also showed me which friendships are the strongest.


This past year I have had so many friends and my family to help me through every stage and trial in my life and that is only a few listed above. I am so grateful and blessed for everyone and everything that helps me get through everyday. I know I couldn’t get through it alone and I am so extremely blessed with this amazing life that I have been given. I am so grateful for all of the nice things that I have, and all of the amazing opportunities that I am given. Go out today and tell everyone that you’re are grateful for why you love and appreciate them! And have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment