Sunday, March 17, 2013

The outside,


The outside,
            A place I have often feltmyself being. In elementary it was cause I was the chubby awkward girl. Or whenI lived in Texas for a time in my life during third grade I was the only personthat wasn't African American in my whole class. I went too two different middleschools and constantly felt myself being the new kid with no friends. And mywhole life I have felt the pressure of almost everyone around me being lDS,while I was not.
Alot of times being different can make you feel sad or lonely but I think that it has made me so much stronger than I ever thought I could be. It's helped meto build character and to realize who my real friends are. Cause I know that allof my friends like me for me, I don't have to be anyone else to make them likeme. If you ever feel like you have to go out of your way to get someone to likeyou, they’re probably not your real friends. The thing I have learned aboutbeing "different" is that it's not always going to be easy but it'sgoing to be okay.  Its made me who I amtoday and I wouldn’t have taken any of it back.
Alot of times I don't think many people take others feelings into consideration,or even realize how much of an impact one small kind gesture can mean tosomeone.  So many people take for granted all of the wonderful things, andpeople in their lives. So go out of your way to say hi to the kid who sitsalone at the lunch table, make friends with the new kid, invite a new friendover. There is so many little things that we can do that can impact others sogreatly that we don't even realize! You wont know the amazing feeling it gives youuntil you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment