Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Be yourself


Okay so I know I haven't written in a while I just haven't had time and didn't really know what to write about. So, I'm going to talk about "self-images".
            Everyone wants people to like them, it’s as simple as that. Everyone wants to be “cool” and to “fit in” but who decides who fits in? its so easy to loose track of ourselves when were pretending to be something were not to impress other people. I've noticed that if you pretend to be something you're not, soon enough it's not pretending anymore. A long time ago I realized that there is no point in pretending to be anyone but you, it’s a colossal waste of time and energy. People will like you for who you are no matter how weird you are or what you look life. You can't work your whole life just trying to impress others when the most important person you have to impress is yourself. What's the fun in being whatever a certain person says is "normal" I say there is no such thing. We are all a little weird and its okay, you've got to embrace it!! Do what you want, when you want and not for other people but for yourself! Then you will find true happiness.
 I mean is it really worth all of the effort trying to impress people who are never going to care. True friends love you for who you are, not who you pretend to be. If you go home at the end of the day and are happy with the person you are and the things you do, then why should anything else matter? It's so easy for us to get wrapped up in all of the artificial things in life, trust me I know all too well.  But that's not the most important thing in the world! Do what makes you happy don't worry about the rest. About having the best hair or the most perfect body or worry about hanging out with "the right crowd" cause at the end of the day the only opinion of yourself that matters, is the one you give yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment