Friday, May 17, 2013

Good day, gone bad, gone good


Alright so today was supposed to be a good day, I got out of school at 11, Went and had some delicious pancakes at Austin’s and I had my second interview planned and some fun plans for the night.
Shortly before my interview I was running errands and got into a car accident. The douche called the cops and I received another ticket even though I wasn’t completely at fault. There was minimum damage to my car and to his but since the police were called I was going to be late to my interview. I called my mom in tears she said that it was going to be okay just to call Starbucks and tell them what happened and that I was going to be late and that she was so happy that I was safe. Shortly after Seira Stokes came and met me she helped me pull it together for my interview and even drove me there and waited for me while I had my 20 minuet or so long interview. The interview went so good and it was easy for me to relax thanks to my mother and Seira or else I would have been a total wreck.
Today has helped me learn a lot. I learned that sometimes bad things happen to us so that we realized how much good we really do have. I am so lucky that I am safe and that there was minimal damage to my car, and that fact that I even have a car at all. Something else I realized is the love my mother has for me, I have never met a more kind and patient woman in the world. She wasn’t angry about my car or that I was receiving another ticket but was concerned with the fact that I was okay and that I would make it to my interview alright, and that I could go on and have a better day. Another thing I realized is the value of true friendship, Seira didn’t have to do all that for me, she wanted to because she is kind and she loves me.
Its so easy for us focus on all of the negative things even when there is so much happiness surrounding us. We take so many of the little things for granted every day that we don’t even realize how truly blessed that we are. I’m making a promise to myself to seek out the good things in my life rather than to focus on the negative from now on and too thank god every day for all of te things he has blessed me with. Take in mind I am not LDS, but god watches over and loves all of his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment