Monday, October 14, 2013

College and figuring it all out,

College,
 Wow where do I even start? I guess ill start with my very first day.  Thursday August 22nd. I moved in around 10 am with 3 strangers that I’ve never met before. Set up my room and am just trying to take in the fact that I’m all grown up and in college now. After setting everything up my roommates and i went to the Kid Cudi concert. It was crazy and raining and I was with who would soon be my best friends, but at the time were still strangers to me. After that I had my first experience at a frat house, and let me just say yes it is exactly what you see in movies. I walk in; Getting offered shots and beers every few minutes, people hooking up on the couch, huge dance party in the basement, everyone doing shots in the rooms upstairs I was in shock. I mean I guess I didn’t really know what to expect but I was just mind blown I was like wow the next four years are just going to be some huge party.
And then I went through rush. I was super skeptical about it all because of what everyone says about them but I figured I would go into it with an open mind and see what came of it.  First day of rush was fine we went to all the houses and at the end of the day picked our top four houses and if they liked us back as well we were invited back for another day to see if we liked it. One of the houses I thought that I was interested in had dropped me but everyone told me that you end up in the house that your supposed to be in just trust it, so I was bugged for a little then continued on to the rest of the houses.  Day three, we picked our favorite two houses and went to either dinner or dessert to the house and did something special there. It was that last day when I walked into Chi Omega that I knew this was where I was meant to be. I got an overwhelming feeling of home and that this was the right thing, so that night when we put in our preferences I suicided ( Meaning you put one house and they either give you a bid or your not in a house.) Bid day, they talked to us for a while as we sat on the envelopes telling us what house we were in, then it came. We opened them all the girls screaming and running to meet their new sisters it was pure mayhem then we all sprinted to the house and had a big party. Ever since that day I know that joining Chi Omega was the best decision I have ever made. Ya, I’m sure it sounds really silly and superficial but it’s quite the opposite.  Usually when you are surrounded by a large amount of girls of any number you find yourself not liking at least one or a few someone’s. But that hasn’t been the case for me at all.  Every girl has been so sweet and genuine to me and I have already made so many friends that I know I am going to have for a lifetime.  The Night that I joined Chi O something pretty awful happened to me but one of my new sisters had helped me through it so much and all of the girls have made me feel so much better about everything, everyday is better with my sisters. If I could give any incoming freshman advice it would be to rush, cause you will meet so many people that you will be best friends with for forever and who love all the same things as you and it is the funest thing ever!


Another thing college has taught me is that I needed to find out who I am and where I stand with a lot of things, and how to balance everything.  Where I stand with drinking, boys, work, friends, class/homework and most importantly where I would choose to stand. At first it was really hard to figure everything out but then it became really easy. This is what I decided: School (Scholarships) before social obligations, if I’m going to be paying this much for school I might as well actually get an education and succeed. Second, the friends you make in college are the ones you are going to learn the most from and be friends with for a lifetime, so choose wisely and surround yourself with people who make you happy. Third, work if you need to work, It’s hard to balance everything but it does give you good accountability skills as well as so many other things. As for boys, you can’t trust them and especially not the frat boys so be careful and protect your heart. As for Alcohol try not to have a preference or be bothered if people do or do not drink because it’s going to happen either way. As for me I choose not to drink for a lot of reasons but mainly I just don’t need it to have fun. And Lastly I finally decided where I stand: I’m going to enjoy life, make a lot of great friends but still get a quality education. I refuse to judge anyone for the decisions that they decide to make because ultimately it is their life and people need to make their own decisions wither you think that it is a good or bad one. And just do your thing (:

No comments:

Post a Comment