Sunday, April 20, 2014

Home is where the heart is and this house will be keeping a piece of mine,



Well it was time to say goodbye to my childhood house today, after 11 beautiful years in that house. I guess Ithought this day would never come. But I suppose the fact of it all was inevitable. Like all thing in life we outgrow,we move on, and leave things behind.
I got the call from my mom a few weeks ago when she said that one of the offers had finally gone through, and that it was time to start packing up the house. Each time Istarted to come down to the house more of our things had been sold or packed up. As we started to pack up the house I would have emotional breakdowns in each room (dramatic you might think, but necessary) each room that we packed up we began to pack up the memories that had happened in the rooms and starting to leave them behind.
I think that I’m going to miss the roof more than anything about that house though. It was my safe haven, and my secret spot, my hidden get away and my happiest of all happy spots. Im going to miss watching all the colors of the sun go down behind the shadows of the trees as the warmth on my skin left the air. I’m climbing out that window to layout, and catch some rays, or read a good book to get away from it all. I’m going to miss all the long talks with the people I care most about, and lying under the stars talking about our hopes and dreams. And most of all I will miss sneaking off onto the roof to share soft kissesunder the stars.
This house has so many memories that I will never forget in it. All the laughs we shared in that house, all thedelicious food that we made in the kitchen and ate in the dinning room. From the competitive card games, tosneaking out the back door in the summer, and laying on the roof even though it pissed my parents off. To taking every classic doorstep photo on that porch before a dance and parking the first car I ever had in the garage…all the sleepovers, the bubble baths, the birthday parties, and all the doorstep kisses and hugs goodbye (quick moment of silence for all of the boys that I have kissed in that househaha R.I.P)
The way I see it a house is like a painting. When you start its blank and empty. As you go you add yourself to the house through color and smells, through sounds and family. You fill it with love and laughter, and you fill it with good food and good company. You fill the house with memories and pictures and you make it your own. And when you’ve had your fun, and its time to move on. You paint the canvas white again for the next family to start their painting. But you always leave a little of yourself so that the memories you made will never be forgotten. And I hope that a beautiful family moves into this house and that they can raise their family in this house, and grow old  together and find love from this house. I hope that whoever lives in this house after me can find the happiness that this house has brought me. And that they fill it with laughter and memories just as I did. Im going to miss a lot about that house but like anything in lifeyou get out what you put into it. And as far as this goes I don’t think I could have gotten anything more than perfect memories and an unforgettable childhood form that house.

Goodbye 1989 Village oak lane, you gave me all that I could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment