Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"the perfect life"

The older I get the more I think about this idea of “the perfect life” we make this check list in our head, an idea of things that if can get that we will finally be happy.

- Find the perfect relationship
- Find a perfect place to live
- Find the perfect crew
- Do amazing things that will make other people envious
- Travel the world
- Have picture perfect family
- Get the perfect job
- Dress well
 - Do well in school and be successful
- Get more followers and like

            We obsess over these things thinking that if we check these things off the list that we will finally find happiness. But its not the case, even if we have all of these things there is always something else that we are going to want.  And not to say that those things I listed above aren’t important, and they don’t bring us happiness but they are not always the most important things. We focus on all of the things that we don’t have instead of appreciating all of the things that we do have. I look around at the world that I live in and I constantly find myself and a lot of people around me that take everything we have, and everything that this world has to offer for granted. It seems as though “My friends” (real life and social media) are just focused on working on their checklist, and showing off.  It’s hard to find positive people who are genuine to surround yourself with anymore.
            So this is just my friendly reminder to find happiness in the people and the things that you already have. Be appreciative, say thank you often, say I love you to the people you care about, find happiness in the little things, and most importantly find happiness in the things that you do have instead of focusing on things that don’t and may never have. You choose your happiness.

And I’ll leave you with a few dumb and very over said but underestimated quotes

“Good things come to those who wait.”

“Everything happens for a reason.”

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

“Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own.”

“It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment