Thursday, June 6, 2013

High School, This is it.

High school,

             Our whole lives we grow up and dream about high school. Experiencing our first kisses, first dates, our first love… and first heartbreak. When were little and on the bus and see the older kids with their windows down, music blasting and a smile on their faces that so real it couldn’t be faked. We wait for our turn to come, our chance to have that.
             
I can remember waking up for my first day of high school, butterflies in my stomach I could hardly sleep that night. Tara and I got ready together and Arsalan drove us to school. He was a junior so we got to park in the parking lot, I had never felt so cool. I walked into those doors and it was like a whole new world. So many opportunities, so many new faces, and so many memories I was about to make. I don’t think I have ever been so excited, but so scared.
           
Here I am senior year and its safe to say that I have been through it all. Getting ready for all of the dances, all the sports games, harmless pranks, the serious boyfriend, making new friends, and loosing old ones. And not to mention all of the hard stuff. These past three years have been the best and the worst years of my life.  
           
I can say that high school has its ups and downs, but I loved it. All the people I met, and all the memories I made. I wouldn’t take one second of it back. I have learned so much these past 3 years that I will never forget. Not necessarily from books or teachers, but from the student and the friends I have made and all of the life lessons that came with that.  They have helped me learn and grow as a person more than you know. But the thing about high school is your going to go through a lot and learn more than you ever imagined.

High school is sure going too put you through every emotion good and bad. High school is the stuff we see in all the movies; the cliques, the football games, the prom. If you don’t experience the highs and lows of it all then you’re going to look back to nothing but bad memories.
           
            And so here is it folks, graduation day. We finally got to the top of the hill before we start to climb the mountain. It’s the first day of the rest of our lives, and its time to grow up. Today is the day we have been waiting for 13 years. After studying for countless tests, and lugging tons of pointless books around, after hundreds of walks in from BFE, The pep-rallies, The assemblies, The countless hours of Study hall, The wild parties you went too that seemed way too familiar to the ones we see in movies, getting in trouble with your friends, and the countless memories made. We are finally done.

Today will probably be the most bittersweet day of our lives. The end of this chapter, and on to the next. I would just like to congratulate everyone in the Alta class of 2013, WE MADE IT! So go fourth and conquer because THIS IS OUR TIME!!

Special thanks to everyone who helped me get through these past three years:

My family: My mother has been there every step of the way even when I have been difficult and always supported me. And the rest of my family, Brent and my father.
My two best friends: Mikaela Zundel and Ashley Cude. It all started in 8th grade “started from the bottom, now we here”
The G5: We have been through thick and thin and I know I will cherish our friendship for a lifetime.
Seira Stokes: She is the most Genuine girl I know, and such a loyal friend and has been there for me through everything.
Chad Green (cheetoballs): You were only around this year, but you are the best friend a girl could ask for.
Tanner Sorenson: For being an amazing person and friend. This boy has done so much for me I am eternally grateful.
The “bros”: love these boys like family, even though they are almost all off on missions now we have all the memories I need to remember them forever, love you guys (:
The P10: There is never a dull moment with you guys I am always laughing and love you all so much.
My ladies from the group text: We know how to have a good time I love all of you so much you guys are amazing!

And there is so many other people I could name but it would just never end, if I really care about you than you know how much I cherish our friendship and how special you are to me. Thank you everyone for everything (even my haters have taught me a thing or two) .


-ALTA GRATUATING CLASS OF 2013-

No comments:

Post a Comment