Tuesday, June 18, 2013

We all tell lies,

Lies,
            So tell me why is it that we lie? Sometimes we think that the truth will save people, that it will perhaps spare their feelings. Sometimes we lie to cover our tracks, so that we wont get in trouble. We lie to ourselves and others to forget things, as if it had never happened. But the truth of the matter is, we all lie. But I’m just sitting here and wondering why? Why lie when we know that noting good will come from it, that it will cause pain to not only others but to ourselves as well. It does us no good ever and yet we still do it all the time.

I know I lie, I’m not afraid to admit that I do because I know I do. And if you or anyone else says that they have never lied then they are lying. But I don’t know why I do it when I know how bad it hurts to be lied too. But, That’s the thing about life we constantly do bad things to the people we love (such as lying) even though we know the pain that can be conflicted from such things.


We all know what its like from both ends. Plotting a great lie that someone will believe. Or lying even more to cover the first lie up, then getting caught in it anyways. It’s a constant and vicious cycle that leads to nothing but pain. I think that we all should work on first: Not lying, But also to owning up to our mistakes. No one is perfect we all know that, but its better to be upfront and honest about something from the start, than to get caught in a lie later. I know its something I need to work on for myself, as well as the rest of you. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment